The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster Rep front shock
I'm about ready to refit the rebuilt front shock to my SWB Ulster Rep. When it came to me, the shock was attached to the axle with the rubber bushed aluminum links mounted so that the the shock ends attached with the alloy links pointing downward from the axle. I am attaching a photo of how it was mounted. I have looked in photos to see the the alloy links pointing upward from the dropped axle. Which is correct?

Erich in Seattle

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Erich the shock arms need to be horizontal to be most effective, so it depends on the position of the central mounting point.
Terry.
If it helps mine go downwards as the photograph. Don’t take that as historically correct, but it is as Terry says, the right way from a functional point of view.
Alan Fairless
I was going to say '+1' but it seems my message is too short!
Thank you all. Do genuine Ulsters have a shorter central mount? I have seen some older photographs of Ulsters which appear to have the links going upward. Nippys and my 75 go downward.

Erich in Seattle