The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a reason why this hasn’t sold?
Saw this 7 on ebay, which on the face of it looks good with a lot of work done so I’m surprised that after 10 days it still hasn’t sold.Is it too expensive for what it is?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1935-Austin-7...1438.l2649
The engine
(03-11-2018, 10:06 AM)graffiti Wrote: Saw this 7 on ebay, which on the face of it looks good with a lot of work done so I’m surprised that after 10 days it still hasn’t sold.Is it too expensive for what it is?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1935-Austin-7...1438.l2649

Specials can be Marmite - some will love, other will dislike.

This one appears well built and has an early s/v Reliant engine fitted, again a Marmite situation. Some will see the benfits of the engine development that succeded the A7 unit others will dislike it because it is not an A7 unit.

My advice is that if you like it, go drive it and, if you continue to like it, offer what you can afford.
One wonders what it would make in an auction? Shall we run a phantom one? The bidding opens now....
Two things stood out to me. One was that the engine rebuild for 1000 quid seems low. The other is the claimed top speed of 50 mph. I would have expected more if it is in good fettle.

Erich in Seattle
Couldn't live with those pinky - red wheels. Strange looking front radius arms and a VERY bowed front axle (or am I just seeing it wrong). Are there no brakes at the rear? The o/s lever is missing on the cross shaft...or are they hydraulic? That should be "interesting"
The braking system is the very late rod type - this only has a brake crosshadt on the driver’s side as the rod pulls centrally to a pivot on the rear axle.
Thanks for that! Not familiar with the later models.
It is an obscure design but works very well!
Looks like it has sold now. Yes Reckless, I thought the axle looked very bowed. It seems like it may have a join/weld on looking at the close up??