The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paxton specials

There has been a bit of interest shown in Paxton specials recently on this forum so I thought you might like to see another — with a chap wearing a broad smile and holding a shield awarded after sprinting the car around a section of Snetterton this year.
It’s a road car with a strong engine — I don’t have a trailer, just prefer to drive to events ( eg Kop hill) and take a chance.

Charles
Great looking car Charles, have you done much to it since its been in your ownership?

Nick
Yes,
Does look good. I visited Colin Westwood's unit in Paxton Square, or was it Paxton Yard? a couple of times, He glazed the windscreen frame of my AG tourer after I'd had it replated. Just across from Colin's unit was a tiny chrome platers with a really grandiose name: "JRL World Trading" IIRC.

BTW, Do you know how many Paxton bodies Colin produced?
(30-10-2018, 01:27 PM)Stuart Giles Wrote: BTW, Do you know how many Paxton bodies Colin produced?

Looking at the A7CA 'Post War Specials' chart on the wall above my desk it says between June 1985 and 1992, 30 produced. Don't think 1992 was the end of production but could be wrong.

Address was 1/7 Paxton Place.

Steve
Paxton Mews!
http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...2&cmd=show

is there a Register? There should be if there are only that many.
With presumably most if not all likely in existence (or having being transferred to other chassis' as the practicality of metal ulsteroids temps some)
According to the 'Post War Specials' Chart, the address was 1/7, Paxton Place, West Norwood, London SE27 9SS. If you Google that Post Code you can get a 'Street View'. Perhaps those that visited Colin Westwood in the day can spot the actual building and can confirm one way or the other.

Steve
(30-10-2018, 11:17 AM)graffiti Wrote: Great looking car Charles, have you done much to it since its been in your ownership?

Nick

Hello Nick, I picked up the body from Colin Westwood in Spring 1987. I have a nice letter from him dated February that year in which he confirms some of the detailed stuff like where to site the petrol tank, battery box etc. I picked up the body a few months later and brought it back to Norfolk on my roof rack.
My local garage gave me a small space to put the special together which was amazingly kind plus I had a ready supply of advice and expertise on hand which was essential as I don’t have an engineering background.
Car took about a year to reach the stage when I could try it out on the road. Some things took a bit of time including the business of getting an age related number.
I’ve greatly improved the car’s original performance and handling, notably by fitting the John Miles steering arm extension, radial Michelin’s, dropped radius arms braced to front axle, electronic ignition and conversion to 12v using a 2CV alternator.
I don’t think there is a Paxton register but the 750 MC Special register run by Christopher Charles might throw up some others. It would be interesting to know how many bodies Colin made.

Charles

I’ve had a lot of fun over the years and continually developed the car’s handling and performance by