The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas cutout id
Can anybody identify my cutout. I don't want to remove it to look underneath it if I can help it.

It's being used with a C35M dynamo and a SM5 switch. I get minimal amps when running.

I have the same on my 33pd. I have been told it's from a Ruby. It should have resistances in the back.
Thanks JB.
Do you know the model - cfr1 etc.?
With my setup, there's no difference between summer and winter settings.
I want to keep the SM5, so may have change the cutout and/or the dynamo.
CF3 I think...
Thanks JonE. That looks like it.

Further research suggests that a C35A would be better with the SM5 and CF3.
Many regularly quote cutout assembly, cutout,  and panel switch part identity numbers. Is there a concise summary of all somewhere please?

You seem to have all unfathomed. For others pondering, whatever the arrangement, on full charge the dynamo output and field wires are directly connected. Joining at the dynamo (retaining the connection to car wiring) will confirm if being  correctly linked elsewhere. If output remains low it is possibly the dynamo brush setting. No or unusual outputs can arise due missing, open circuit, or combination of resistors as per the Charging Refresher article, but only Summer affected.

Not all C35A had the cutout mounted on dynamo but with resistor adjacent. Apart from models with and retaining that arrangement the C35A and M essentially the same.