The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sump gasket
I am sure you are fed up with this question but what’s the best method to achieve a
Seal on the Ruby sump.
Bearing in mind removal for oil change.
Regards
            Tim
(27-10-2018, 02:27 PM)Tiger Wrote: I am sure you are fed up with this question but what’s the best method to achieve a
Seal on the Ruby sump.
Regards
            Tim

The last twice I have had my sump off I have sealed it with Blue Hylomar and never had a leak
(27-10-2018, 02:58 PM)Yrubyman Wrote:
(27-10-2018, 02:27 PM)Tiger Wrote: I am sure you are fed up with this question but what’s the best method to achieve a
Seal on the Ruby sump.
Regards
            Tim

The last twice I have had my sump off I have sealed it with Blue Hylomar and never had a leak

Silicone sump gasket from Jamie at Seven Workshop, no need to use messy unsightly goo.
Zeto is there a part number for that gasket from Seven Workshop? It isn't listed on their online catalog.
Stephen
Here you are Steve: https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/s...y=Silicone
How many times do you take your sump off ? With modern oils and regular changes, I would remove and clean the gauze perhaps every 50,000 miles.
Seal on the Ruby sump.
Regards
            Tim

Tim,
 Why would you want to take the sump off for an oil change?
J
So no need to clean the filter ?
Only after high mileage
(27-10-2018, 04:00 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Here you are Steve:  https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/s...y=Silicone

Thank you Ruairdh. Most appreciated.
Cheers,
Stephen
(27-10-2018, 05:36 PM)Tiger Wrote: So no need to clean the filter ?
Only after high mileage

Tim.
The "Filter" is a fine wire mesh, which does no more than preventing the odd nut and bolt, twig, or fag end from getting into the pump! Once you have an oil tight sump leave well alone, a regular oil change is all you need.
Sumps tend to leak because they have been over tightened, which tends to distort the flange around each stud hole, make sure that it is perfectly flat before fitting.
J