The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days?
Thanks Ian, I realise that it could be beneficial but it would have to have a double garage and 1500 sq.ft workshop space and and....it's not Yorkshire!
I have an excess of land
Open to offers.

However the Club spree shed is on part of it so the sitting tennant probably needs a huge offer as well..
Sorry for the delay in doing this, been trying to work out what to say.
I'm 29 but definitely wouldn't consider myself to be a good representation of my generation or probably opinion in general for that matter.
I'm a member of a few clubs, but have never really been very active (probably my fault not theirs).
If I was going to get more involved, I think I'd be more interested in activities than the general social meetings.
I like the idea of treasure hunts or scatter rallies and maybe driving tests. Longer 'at your own pace' runs where you have instructions so can stop as you please, chose where you eat, picnic or pub etc. I would only be interested in visits to places of historic mechanical or industrial interest, and only at modest cost. I appreciate these things require a lot of effort to organise so might not be realistic without a good number of willing volunteers.
I think meetings with a car theme, eg talks on aspects of seven history or technical aspects, talks on someones restoration, or trips they've taken are interesting.
I think a club forum is a good idea  to allow members to organise meeting up either for help working on their car, or for meeting up at non club events, as well as a simple place for sales and wants ads. It would also serve as a place that new members  could make contacts if walking into a room of strangers is not something they are confident with.
Hope that is useful to some extent, though as I say I don't feel I'm necessarily a representative case.
Your contribution is very much appreciated Timothy - thank you.
Age 53. Not too bothered about long road runs but would be interested in off road activities and evening meets. A club spares scheme would be good. I noted a few others are not interested in attending static shows, I can understand their reasons for not wanting to stand by their car all day making small talk but this is a ‘shop window’ and a chance to promote their A7 club & ownership so more of a duty!

Seem to be in a black hole of A7 clubs here (South Oxfordshire)