The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do people want from an Austin Seven club these days?
I am interested in knowing what your ideal club would do - please comment and let me know your age - decade will suffice.

I look forward to hearing your responses, thank you.
My local 2CV club meets in the pub across the road from the house.
If the A7 club meeting venue was nearer than 40miles/1 hour away I'd go more often.
Unfortunately I seem to suffer from geography!
I had my 68th birthday this week...
Many thanks. How old are you and what would you like to see in your 'ultimate' A7 club please Duncan?

I should state from the outset - I am 45.
I am 73 and a member of the PWA7C after reading Duncan's post I think I am going to suggest to my branch that the meeting are moved around the area in order that all members get the chance of not travelling to far when it is near to them. I admit I have an interest in this as I now have to rely on others to transport me. Also other social events should be started and finished at various places around our area.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Our club only hosts meetings at the weekends !! For us retirees, mid week runs would be good, arrange to drop into someone's house for a cuppa and a cake would be good. Winter evenings, films of the 30's would be interesting.
Visits to engineering workshops - they don't have to be on the scale of R.Royce etc.
One worldwide Austin 7 club, not many.  Just as with other one-make car clubs.
To put a counter view to that of Terry, I rather like the idea of the individual Clubs, each having its own style and 'flavour'. Though, as Terry points out, we are unusual in that respect..

Edit: Age 66
Please do include your age (bracket).
53 & fairly heavily involved with the VAR here in New Zealand.
I'd like to see more of the club going to visit elderly members/ex members who are either incapacitated or in rest homes
Paul
On the first day God created the Austin 7, then he rested
Age 81, had my Ruby six month now, bought it with a seized up engine after fitting 4 new pistons its running great now,
 been a mechanic all my life and can't put the spanners down, working my way through the Ruby new leather cloth,carpets,
 checking carb, gearbox,clutch,brakes and enjoying every minute.
 Haven't found a local Austin Seven club yet but enjoy this forum, will be at the classic show at the NEC on Sat 10th Nov
 if anyone wants to meet up.

Graham in Sheffield