The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
austin 7 rn 1932, reg number GY2791
Well, I happen to know in my instance, the previous owner, who had restored it on the UK, was then transferred to Denmark for his company, so he just drove the car there with his suitcase on the back. The car then went to the US from Denmark in the belly of a 747... As far as the authorities were concerned when he left the country, he was just boarding a cross channel ferry!
Looking through my old PWA7C Membership Lists GY 2791 is listed in both the 1993 and 1994 editions as belonging to a member in Haxby, York. It seems he was only a member for these two years as he/it appears in no earlier or later lists. He was also a member of NECPWA in 1992 (the only year I have a membership list for).

Steve
I'm afraid this one has gone to ground, like a few others, and will eventually appear as a barn find.
(25-10-2018, 10:01 AM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: I have to agree with Ian M. Some years back, I re-imported a car from the US knowing what its UK registration number had been. I looked on the DVLA web site, there it was, the owner had never informed the authorities it had been exported. I filled in the appropriate form, included the appropriate fee and had a replacement log book 10 days later...

I am in a similar situation, except the DVLA's predecessors transposed two digits on export & so I have a car with the original Reg No & Chassis no, but they think it has another number (but the same chassis no......) Hours of fun ahead I am sure