The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
A blast from the past, Bob...

[Image: 20210225-172149-1.jpg]

I promise to come over your way sometime after the covid crisis is done.
(24-02-2021, 07:47 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Dammit Renaud, looked up the translation on my phone and got a picture of a plastic tube with a red rubber bulb on the end! Tried again but spelled correctly this time. " Slow France" literally. Ok got it!
Dave.
You have lost me Dave!
I would translate as "Sweet France" but what do I know...

Hi Bruce, you should indeed! The Lot is one of my preferred places in France.
Not able to drive down by the riverside, but took the AG tourer out to pick up the paper & buy some essential dogfood! Started on the button (once I had turned both fuel taps on!) 
As it was a nice warm day I thought I would put the hood & sidescreens up on the AG tourer! I wanted to make sure they fitted still after hibernating. They did, but memo to self: make sure the screen pillar latches HAVE latched & not just clicked! Could have been an air brake moment! All furled again now.

Attached Files
.jpg   Hood up rear.JPG (Size: 150.77 KB / Downloads: 412)
That is one DRAUGHTY garage! Down by the river Lot.
You can always make a fair assessment on what the general weather is like in a French area by looking at the roofs of the local properties. Areas that have a higher average rainfall and/or snow will have roof pitches much steeper than in drier areas (such as in Rekkersland) where the normal roof pitch is 19° such as this old farmstead in the Cévennes:

[Image: 6af3ced2b3d2398a10dbf751e9e2c70a--tarn-habitats.jpg]

whereas as soon as you go further north, away from the mediterranean influence, the architecture changes and even just a few miles into the Lozère (where it can be two overcoats colder in the winter):

[Image: cevennes-farm3.jpg]

Another piece of fairly useless information unless you have a certain penchant for all things railway orientated... wherever you go in France, if there is, or has been a level crossing, in the days prior to automatic barriers they were always manned. The keeper would live in a little house next to the crossing, provided by the SNCF. The French adopted many of the charisteristics of British Railway engineering, including the 4'8 1/2" gauge, as well as the design of the level crossing and the keeper's cottage, which was designed by a Brit. (so I am told)

So, on your next trip around France (whenever that might be is debateable unless you're already here), get your I-Spy book out and see how many you can spot...

They look like this:

[Image: post-6882-0-57949900-1462043722.jpg]

Most have been sold off and some are very cunningly camouflaged.... (I don't know whether the brick built s**thouse in the garden is a standard feature)
Hi All

The first reasonable day for some time so I thought I’d make a third attempt at getting the springs out of the RK.

It took some serious blows from the sledge hammer on a 30mm square steel tube threaded through the chassis.

Top spring is the one that has come out.  Very worn and set to 8” rather than 6”.

New spring below and the bar below that.  Check out the damage on the end of the bar Big Grin.

On to the off side tomorrow. More complex as I’ll have to remove the brake pivot  Sad.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   D64FF0C4-9E7A-497A-8E84-484C195781A2.jpeg (Size: 233.95 KB / Downloads: 344)
.jpeg   35B86C02-E496-410E-9F8D-3DC4FAD73ADE.jpeg (Size: 230.56 KB / Downloads: 344)
Bruce, that was a good weeekend.
Still got that old 19" hanging on the garage wall with your name on it. At least we can get out and enjoy ourselves.

.jpg   1 Jan 64.jpg (Size: 276.58 KB / Downloads: 335) For the benefit of all here's a photo of the local level crossing with the gate box and the crossing keepers house in 1964 all now sadly gone following the electrification of the line. The crossing is now remote controlled and is closed for ages.
That must be a Black Five with Caprotti valve gear.
. (I don't know whether the brick built s**thouse in the garden is a standard feature)

Very Australian, only here they were built in timber and corrugated galvanised iron  Big Grin