The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
If I was up in Northumberland today I would be having a pint of Spindrift with you on the green in front of the Ship Inn at Low Newton.
The Pytchley was good while it lasted!  I thought it was down on power as I climbed out of Felixkirk towards Boltby yesterday afternoon.  This morning I looked at the engine and saw the tell tale sign of blown oil around the centre head stud between cylinders 2 and 3.  Took the plugs out and sure enough there was coolant on the top of pistons 2 and 3.  Drained it down and took the head off, the stud between cylinders 2 and 3 has pulled.   Thinking back on this engine I have had my suspicions about this particular head stud for a while, it will need helicoiling or a stepped stud fitting.   I think it will be possible to do it with the engine in-situ.
I was going to use the Pytchley to go to the Druids Circle at Masham with the PWA7C Yorkshire Group, it will have to be the Ulster now!
If the head stud is the only problem on a special built over several years for next to nothing I am still a happy man.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Malcolm Parker - 07-08-2020, 11:26 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM