The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
We are enjoying slightly cooler weather today before another heatwave at the weekend, so I thought I'd give the RP an airing. I drove a short distance to Alès, our nearest large town to see if I could find the Chemin de Saint-Julien, which is allegedly the steepest road in France and 5th steepest in the world. It took me a while to find it because it is actually a very narrow road on the hillside near the "Hermitage" chapel and viewpoint. Fortunately I found the top of the road and was able to go down it first to see what it was like. Whilst it is passable by vehicles, it is an "only just" for a modern and certainly large vehicles would not be able to negotiate the two very sharp bends without having to do a shuffle. Needless to say the dimension of an Austin Seven don't cause such problems. Once I had reached the bottom, I turned the car round and set off back up. The narrowness of the road and the tightness of the hairpins demanded 1st gear, but apart from that the car romped up to the top without any bother. I was rather impressed with the way the car performed. I took a video on my phone which I have posted on "whatsapp"

This is the car at the top of the climb, which is actually down on the left hand side of the photo

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Reckless Rat - 04-08-2020, 11:22 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM