The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
It's a good question Dave, everything has been delivered to the door since mid March by local stockists, we are lucky to live in the suburbs of Glasgow.

For fruit and veg we use Glasgow Fruit Market.

The local dairy farmer delivers milk, cream butter and eggs twice a week.

We use a local butcher and fishmonger - comes to the door within 3 days of ordering.

I make my own bread (until it give me gout - true!), wine and cider. We managed to get some stock cupboard items delivered by Iceland, they do next day without the need for a slot (new shop to me).

It all works really well and we intend to continue using the people who helped us at very short notice as the quality is exceptionally good.

We have only just started to use the local Post Office - our very first shop since March.

Not going into shops has saved me a huge amount of time and my lock down was incredibly productive with three complete A7s rolling out the door as well as several engines this alongside my online and Key Worker Hub teaching commitments I was also home educating our own children.

I personally I have never been so busy, ever, and I am very happy to be.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Ruairidh Dunford - 22-07-2020, 03:26 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM