The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Yesterday afternoon, the stalwart Ruby volunteered for some essential shopping duty. When I emerged from Waitrose I could see a chap looking at the mighty machine, and waiting to chat, at a suitable distance of course. He started by being very flattering about how there seemed to be no drips at all which encouraged me to enthuse about silicon gaskets, our wonderful suppliers and senior Scottish  engineers who ring you up and tell you what to do. He'd evidently been looking inside, and spotted some evidence of use in events and completion. We talked about autotesting and rallying. He had not done nav rallies, but for many years had done stage rallies, latterly in a 4w drive Subaru. Before finally going I our separate directions, he told me that whilst the Ruby looked great, he actually considered that he would be far more frightened sat in the passenger's seat navying on a frosty night at 20 mph than he ever had been, wearing full harness belts inside a roll cage with plumbed in fire extinguishing, at 80 mph on a rally special stage!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve kay - 27-05-2020, 07:20 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM