The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I have been making a tool to reface the area on the crankcase that had the front main bearing lip. I made one earlier which has done 2 cases but it was hard work to operate reliably. I need to do this for the original engine of the family heirloom RN saloon. The arrangement is an old crank with a single point lathe tool mounted in a hole in the front web. The crank is fitted in the case via slightly relieved front and  rear bearings. Just one front bearing.  Flywheel fitted to the crank, brackets either side of the flywheel fastened to the top of the crankcase using the 3 rear block studs and the top 2 case to gearbox studs. Adjusting screws fitted on both brackets bearing on back and front face of the flywheel to control the depth of cut. Another bracket on the 2 bottom most studs also. 3 brackets total. I will turn the flywheel crank assembly  with a socket and long handle on the flywheel nut. Cost zero (that's what I like!)but hours many. Plenty of time at the moment as not looking after grandchildren.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Dave Wortley - 16-04-2020, 09:53 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM