The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
With lockdown in France continuing until at least mid May I have been keeping busy in the garden, veg patch and of course the garage. All the cars are fully serviced anc nice and shiny and after some spring cleaning I am almost at a loss as to what to do next. The Austin is in good fettle and since the engine rebuild it is maintaining its level of oil- tightness following the running in and the long run to Santiago de Compostella last September. Since then it hasn't been out much because I've been busy with a different project. Today, it suddenly occurred to me that the spark plugs have not been checked since the rebuild 2500 miles ago. Everything seems in order. Correct electrode colouration. No oil, soot or other deposits. Just rechecked the gaps and put everything back together and gave it a spin over. Started first throw. It would be nice to give the old girl a run round the block but I'm happy to wait.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Reckless Rat - 16-04-2020, 11:58 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM