The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Getting off the subject but these are odd times. To keep slightly fit and on the advice of hip surgeon to avoid walking (apart from the sheer tedium), I try for a short bike ride every other day, mostly on cycleways. But the present with no traffic is heaven on a bike. Recommend dust off any steed in the shed, put the seat up so legs not constantly folded and venture forth. See detail not previously noticed on routes driven for decades. Roundabouts no longer a horror, or vehicles shaving past, cutting off etc . Very slightly more sensitive to wind and grade than the Seven, but my aged mechanism is more compromised than the Sevens ever was. About 20 km radius my limit and have to walk all grades on the way home. I live on a ridge so all trips end in a climb. but downhill with a high gear better than when at school with a single speed. 
Edit: The secret to enjoyable recreational riding is an upright seating postion, or handlebars arranged so can sit vertical even if it means steering with the fingertips.. The Dutch and Scandinavians and billions of Asians do not ride around with drop handlebars

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Bob Culver - 05-04-2020, 08:31 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM