The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(05-04-2020, 01:16 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: Not much to do in the garage at the moment so have been tidying the garden.  Yesterday I went for a bike ride to the next village and back. It's the first time I have ridden a bike since I passed my driving test 46 years ago.  True I had a 20 yard wobble on Steve's bike in the camping field at VSCC Prescott about 10 years ago but that doesn't count.  I quite enjoyed the experience on the deserted roads.  Things were enlivened when the chain came off and got jammed in the gear system.  Just like driving a Frazer Nash!   I was on a fancy mountain bike with 21 gears, that's 18 more than you need.
I might repeat the exercise today, hopefully without the mechanical issue.
Next weeks project is to breathe life into a part dismantled motorbike that has been languishing in one of the farm buildings for years.  It is an OSSA trials bike dating from the 1970's.  The engine is a 250 cc 2-stroke.   A bit of research on t'internet shows that OSSA were a well regarded make in the 1970's.
Time to don the lycra and go for my daily exercise!
OK. Lets get something right. It wasn't my bike Malcolm rode at Prescott, it was Dan's. Please don't let people get the idea I have one of those things (actually, I do but that would spoil this!). 

I was due to come up to Malcolm's on Tuesday but this pox thing's put a block on that. What a shame. I'd have loved to see him on a bike or, even, a motorbike. As to the Lycra, I can only think of the last time he tried wearing sports wear. It wasn't that much of a success.

Steve

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve Jones - 05-04-2020, 07:40 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM