The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Lovely Spring day in North Yorkshire so I put on my flying jacket and hat and took the Ulster out for the first time this year.   Fired up instantly on its 6 month old petrol (Tesco Momentum) but took ages to warm up in the cold conditions.
First port of call was to take a paper for my 95 year old Mother then into Thirsk.  On almost deserted roads it was like Charlton Heston in Omega Man (you may need to use your imagination!).  Called at Lidl to get a jar of coffee, no chance, the whole coffee and tea isle had been stripped bare.  Back home to Boltby by which time the engine had warmed up.  Decided to go for a drive.   Shot up the 1 in 4 Sneck Yat on the high Andes ratio 2nd gear, including the s-bends at the top, then a high speed blast along the dead straight Drove road to the top of Sutton Bank, past the Gliding Club and down the tortuous White Horse Bank into Kilburn.  Got a bit carried away climbing out of the village, accelerating in top gear.
Through Bagby almost into Thirsk then back home. Brilliant!
The only car that appeared in my rear view mirror on the A170 near Thirsk was a modern metallic green Aston Martin.  There were a few women on horses out and about and retired couples walking, but virtually no traffic.
I might repeat the exercise daily.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Malcolm Parker - 19-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM