The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
My experience with insurance companies motor or otherwise is that their loyalty lies with the share holders. They will pay out if your claim fits all the criteria laid out in the policy however they pay the smallest amount they can. You need to be able to prove the cost of repair I.e. cost of replacing damaged parts together with labour. Sometimes difficult with sevens,
To show how insurance companies work I recently claimed on travel insurance for a nights stay in a hotel prior to the start of my holiday. They would initially pay for the holiday but not the hotel the night before although I sent the correct documentation. What they questioned was my documentation from the hotel stated that I did not show on the date I had booked, when what they wanted was that I had not checked in. To me it amounted to the same but said with different words. I argued my point and got my money. That was a policy with AXA.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by John Mason - 19-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM