The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

.jpg   S02DI001.JPG (Size: 105.89 KB / Downloads: 357)
Last weekend, my 14 year old grandson Leon came to stay for a couple of days, so, on the Sunday, I took him home to Telford in the Seven, going via the Llangollen Motor Museum. Young Leon was well impressed by both the Seven and the museum, so I shall endeavour to encourage his interest in proper motor cars.

The museum has two Sevens: A '27 Chummy and what is described as a '32 RP saloon, although I suspect it may be later than that, as it has what look to be factory fitted semaphore indicators.

It is very reasonable to get in. £5.00 for me, with Leon and the Motoring Dog getting in for free!

The little car covered to 140 miles from Bala to Telford (via Llangollen) and back with no incident.

I think that i have mentioned before that I have adopted a regime of planned maintenance, so gave the Seven a good lubrication service on Thursday and generally made sure that all was in order with it. I have noticed that, when greasing the kingpins, the grease comes out of the top caps and nowhere else, so I shall pull the kingpins out this week and clean all the grease passages in the hope that everything can get its fair share.

Today, I had occasion to go to a meeting in Porthmadog and, it being a reasonably decent, if windy day, decided to use the Seven. It was a bit drafty over the mountains to Trawfynydd but was otherwise quite a pleasant trip.

I gave a lift to another attendee back to his home in Barmouth. Unfortunately, I had forgotten my camera, so no photos and, anyway, it rained on the way home from Barmouth. Again, the little car covered to 80 miles or so without drama or incident. In fact (after previously  running a Porsche for several years!) I am constantly amazed at just how reliable the Seven is!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 01-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM