The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Carrying on from my previous post, Having spent the day up until two o'clock running round in the Landrover procuring hay and coarse feed and feeding the sheep and horses in driving sleet, this afternoon, I took the RP out for a 38 mile test drive, firstly round Llyn Tegid and then up Bwlch-yr-Eira up onto the Berwyns. Made a detour to the 'Bryntirion' at Llandderfel for a well earned drink, getting home at about 6.30. (Yes, I got stuck at the pub!) The little car went well, managing all but the initial steep section of Bwlch-yr-Eira (taken in second) in third gear, and dealing with the track up to home about 1 in 4 on the one section) enthusiastically in second.

As promised, photos!
1. The car at Llanuwchllyn, the other end of the lake from Bala
2. The RP on the bridge at Llangower
3. At the highest point on the Berwyns. Note the snow on the tops to the north.
4. On the way down, looking west. On a clear day one can see Snowden from here, but not, alas, today!
5. In the carpark at the pub!

-oOo-

Turning to other posts,Well done Bruce! I fitted similar flashing indicators to my RP almost as soon as I got it and for similar reasons. Mine are secured to the number plates by 4BA brass nuts and bolts and the wiring, as you have done, follows the existing wiring loom under to offside sill. My vintage looking switch is on the offside of the instrument panel to use up some holes previously drilled there, with a Lucas warning light found in a bits box just above it. You can just see the indicators in the photos above. Unfortunately, the flasher unit I bought (from ebay) is a bit temperamental, and I am in the process of getting another for a 6volt Beetle from VW Heritage.

-oOo-

Henry, the car on the right appears to have a bit of a list. odd front wheels? or are my eyes deceiving me?

Attached Files
.jpg   S02AI001.JPG (Size: 96.28 KB / Downloads: 402)
.jpg   S02AI002.JPG (Size: 132.16 KB / Downloads: 404)
.jpg   S02AI003.JPG (Size: 109.19 KB / Downloads: 403)
.jpg   S02AI004.JPG (Size: 80.12 KB / Downloads: 400)
.jpg   S02AI005.JPG (Size: 148.05 KB / Downloads: 402)

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 14-12-2019, 10:07 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM