The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Thanks Hedd for the comparison

For decades of ownership neither my father or self realised that there was a predecessor to the RP.
The subtle difference in rear guards must catch out many.
Some features of the Seven were truly primitive ie the door strap. In windy Wellingtom where they used to erect ropes to help pedestrians cross the street, the straps had a short life! The barn size of the door did not help.
The way the door panel fits over the winder cove rseems like an afterthought, and apparently was. 
I gather the gearboxes had a cover originally, but is there any other make similarly exposed? When our family car progressed to a heaterless "modern" in 1957 we found long winter drives very cold!
My father used to lament the loss of visibility. Dont know what he would make of moderns with vast A pillar(s). I suspect he would have run down even more pedestrians than I do in the wife's car.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Bob Culver - 14-10-2019, 06:14 AM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM