The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hi Chris

Relatives drove me down the tidal road. (They had a courtesy car so did not worry about rust!) The road  I attempted was the next up.

it is a very pleasant part of the world (off season!).

Another thing noted was the number of routes with trees almost meeting overhead. In over 50 years of exploring I can recall very few places like that here, and most of those would now be gone. With no historic boundaries, walls, bridges  etc when roads are upgraded it is done with a vengeance often to suit milk tankers, logging trucks, tourist buses, inept tourists, and now lifestylers. Britain does seem ideal for vintage type cars. The myriad signposted villages means that can always figure where you are from a map.

A feature of many Brit roads seemed nowhere to pull over; often an abrupt edge high for a modern car. 
I also have a photo of an unoccupied free park space in a town...about the only one I found...  It was off season but the parking charges and limitations in many seaside places etc was annoying, esp as deserted.

I have read that the sunken lanes of Britain are due dust blowing away over the centuries. I dont know how serious flooding is avoided.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Bob Culver - 30-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM