The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hi Bill and Duncan

Bill I envy your seaside trip.  We're a 45 miles from the coast here!

Sorry Duncan I should have taken more static pics.

The trike isn't really. It has two wheels very close together at the back just satisfying the motorcycle entry rules.  It used to run with a fixed Austin diff between the wheels but I think its been released for road use. The front axle is widened by 10" and is independent having a hinge in the middle.  Its a real mixture, a modified 34 chassis and engine but much of the bodywork harks back to a chummy.  For example the rad cowl, bonnet and even the bulkhead are all chummy but the tank is mounted at the rear. It lives in Surrey and is brought over to its birthplace most years for the show.

As an aside.  It was built by the owner and associates at the "Automobile Palace" in Llandrindod.  They were the main agents for Austin in the thirties through to the fifties.  Most, if not all Sevens would have come here to Llandrindod before being shipped out to all parts of Wales.  The owner of the Automobile Place, a certain Tom Norton, was a real character, trying to establish an airport in the twenties and building the first steel framed building in Wales (The Automobile Palace).  A relative of ours records meeting him on his "ordinary bicycle (Penny Farthing) on a regular trip he made to Aberystwyth some 45 miles away! 

Cheers

Howard

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Howard Wright - 25-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM