The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Took the Opal to Tesco yesterday afternoon and as I got out an elderly gentleman stopped and said 'Cor smashing. I used to work on them...'.

He then regaled me with a tale of years ago working in a garage on the North Circular when the boss told him and two mates to go and get a car from about a mile away that was not roadworthy and needed to be pushed in. When they got to the house it turned out to be an A7. They tried pushing it but soon ran out of puff - so they tried starting it, and it went. My new friend drove it while his two mates stood on the running boards and hung on. Part way along the North Circular they passed a copper on a bicycle - who instantly gave chase. He didn't catch them...

'Happy days' said he. 'You wouldn't get away with that these days, would you...' And off he went, with a big smile on his face. 

I love it when people take such pleasure from seeing our cars.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Nick Salmon - 26-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM