The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Yes, Steve, I recall the sign. If memory serves me aright it was on the Aberystwyth/ Cardigan road just south of Blaenplwyf and ah been there for many years - probably since the sixties. The piece of wall that it was written on was acquired by Cadw and I understand that the damage has since been repaired, although I haven't been down that way for a couple of years.

The way that Westminster used  Welsh lands with little regard for the local population has gone down badly over the many years that it took place. Unlike the construction of the Lake Vyrnwy dam, when Liverpool rebuilt the village beyond the confines of the dam, subsequent acquisitions of land for various purposes were undertaken with little regard for the local inhabitants. Mynydd Epynt was such an example, when the MOD acquired the land and displaced the indigenous hill farmers so that the army could have a practice range. Similarly, with the Tryweryn valley, the dam flooded the village of Capel Celyn, which, incidentally, had the first Quaker meetinghouse in Wales. to provide water to Birkenhead in the face of fierce local opposition.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by David Stepney - 30-06-2019, 08:56 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM