The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Précisement mon pôte poilu...

I'd just fitted the block before turning the engine upside down to reconnect the big ends. No need for expensive engine stands in the Reckless workshop... I might be old but I can still lift (fairly) heavy things. Not sure I could do this with a Jag V12 though!

[Image: 20190609-121022.jpg]

I've knocked off for the day (it is Sunday after all) and having taken appropriate advice I'm leaving things to settle overnight before re checking the block/crankcase studs due to the silicone gasket, and I'll re-adjust the tappets in the morning. Since this picture I've refitted the oil strainer gauze, the sump and the cylinder head, so not much more to do.

Today's piece of useless information... the plastic boxes that supermarkets sell crab sticks in are handy to save. I always have half a dozen of them for putting nuts & bolts and other stuff in when doing a job in the garage. The advantage is that they have a lid which helps keep things clean and together (in case you knock it on the floor). I haven't however done any research on which supermarket brand offers the best box... (mine are from Lidl)

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Reckless Rat - 09-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM