The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
What you need Reckers is another Austin you can drive while one is in the 'wash'. 

I had a boiler test on my traction engine yesterday, which it passed with flying colours. Sadly I got the nearside crank bearing hot visiting a local fellow traction engine and Austin 7 owner a fortnight or so ago. And indications are it now needs some TLC. So tomorrow I shall be making a start lifting the crank to get the bearing out. 

Anyway, we were going to take the steamer to the local High Ercall 'Pride and Joy' meeting last night. But with the dicky bearing I decided against it and took the grey Austin. On the way I picked up my mate Ken and his son. Picking up his daughter from school on the way. My daughter was at dance!

[Image: 008_1765.jpg]

Oddly the dynamator didnt charge at all all the way there or all the way back, even with the headlights on. But the battery is new and its done a few long journeys recently, so I live in the hope the battery is still well charged so the dynamator didnt need to kick in. Certainly there was no sign of low charge using the starter motor. 

Ill use it some more the weekend and find out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Hedd_Jones - 02-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM