The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
My chummy (coil) isnt wired. So despite having a starter I cant use it. Once warm it wouldn't start without Mrs Jones holding the throttle fairly open (no spring thingy on the column levers). Usually it starts fine as adjusted. The plus side is as soon as i worked this out, it started first swing every time. I put it down to the weather. 

The RP got its run out today. Didnt miss a beat with a good bit of 50mph running, particularly on the way home on the A41. Im guessing it liked the humid air despite the moderate temperature. 

I also found the side exit exhaust useful today. Parked up in the field at Dudmaston hall. The old dear who followed us in parked un neccasarily close. So close she couldnt open her door fully. But then left it open while she fetched her shoes from the boot, and had a chat with her mate. All while my wife is waiting patiently to get out (she couldnt open the door). I waited until the old dear sat back in her drivers seat and leaned over to undo her laces before I fired the box up with a bit of choke and blew some nice petrol rich smoke straight at her. I then moved the car over a couple of foot so the wife could get out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Hedd_Jones - 22-04-2019, 09:21 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM