The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
After reassembling the handbrake on the Chummy I find that I cannot adjust it up well without the drivers side front dragging. An external return spring now assists the shoe springs. The test drive to the doctors and Morrisons I bumped into a Alvis owning gent in a VSCC jumper. His brother has two Speedys. Lucky man.

[Image: 008_1736.jpg]

I also pulled the RP out and filled it with antifreeze for the first time since its been here. I hope the recent head wap will cure its tendency to leak oil into the coolant. Unfortunatley its always been a poor starter from cold and today was no different. Compared to the chummy with its low compression head, this with a high compression head is lacking in compression. And the head swap seems not to have improved matters. Im hoping a long run and some proper temperature will build it back up. But Im not hopefull despite the bores looking fine. Though the plugs do look oily. Perhaps some vim through the carb will help. Hmm.

[Image: 008_1737.jpg]

Once its fired once it seems to be fine. Which is.ominous as I had a Peugeot 106 like that. It had valve seat erosion. Perhaps I should check the valve clearances. It is however like driving a Rolls Royce when compared to the Chummy with no trim to deaden the mechanical din!

I also put the bonnet back on the RL. 

[Image: 008_1738.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Hedd_Jones - 25-02-2019, 10:49 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM