The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Spent a happy couple of hours cleaning up a very rusty clutch plate to see if I can get something better than what I've got, which is not hard as the rivets have shifted on my old one and the holes are now oval.

The plate itself has cleaned up, but still has quite deep pits on one side from corrosion. How near to perfect does the surface of the clutch plate need to be and is anybody producing new ones?

Also cleaned up some clutch cover plates (the one that the toggle arms bear on to compress the springs). They all show wear at the point where the toggles pivot. Two have had grub screws fitted and two are unmodified. Was the original surface flat on which the toggle arms bear, or was there a raised fulcrum point? Thinking of welding up and then grinding back to reconstitute the pivot point rather than installing new grub screws.

All advice gratefully received.

Colin

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Colin Wilks - 13-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM