The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(20-12-2018, 06:56 PM)Greig Smith Wrote: Hi Michael

I get a mixture of what's it worth vs what'll it do....

I get it with the Giulietta's... A properly restored Spider is worth the thick end of 80000UKP now..... Stupid money, I didn't buy the Spider or build the race car purely as investments, I have them because we really enjoy driving them, so much so that I bought a second Spider which I sold to Dad and then a Ti saloon which I gave to my wife, so we regularly run 3 cars on Alfa Tours. I think more Alfa friends have driven my Spider recently than I have. It's a car not a museum piece.

Dad always encouraged me to join in his hobby, I started driving 7's earlier than most folks. Last year we let a friend drive the green 7 at the Simola Hillclimb, he drove it the first time the night before, first time ever in a 7..... Last week he bought an Ulsteroid and has entered the Hillclimb for next year alongside the Blue Job.

Aye
Greig
Oh Greig..the answer to  'what 'll it do?' will have  people wet their pants when I tell 'em what  my Rosengart  'will do' but nevertheless on the few short 'test' outings we did we encountered many thumbs up and smiley faces; it's a very endearing and charming little car. And i loved Alfa's ..had a Giulia Super with a souped up 1750 engine (to Alfisti that one has an unmistakable roar unique to the 1750) on lowered suspension. Did a few 'touring rallies' with that car in the nineties and I'll never forget charging up Col de la Madeleine with a hot Giulia Bertone on big Cosworth pistons   on my tail all the way up and succeeding to leave him behind . When I asked the driver why he was keeping so much distance his answer was that I threw up to much debris when charging though the hairpins….  Any way… 101 and 105 series Alfa's are commanding silly money these days….  so unless you need the money: stick to them.  I still deplore having sold that Super, also my TR2…..my TVR Vixen…. my MKI Cortina GT….but we're quite happy with our 'Mini 30' on a stage One Kit (running off the dial at 140 kph) and now hopefully the Rosengart...

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Michael D - 22-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM