The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Today, I finished cleaning and greasing the front axle, brake links and steering and then went through an enormous learning curve, for me. As there was a hint of oil/grease around the front nearside hub I took a screwdriver to tighten the grease access screw only to realise that it didn't tighten but just disappeared inside the hub. So after due reference to A7 Companion, I used the hub puller for the first time and discovered the wonderful workings of the front bearings etc. It wasn't a job that I intended to do today, I was just going to clean up, and get Vera started, you will realise why she is called Vera when you see the pics below, after the trauma of the petrol tank and a few other challenges. Anyway thanks to the publication all back together and started, with that my neighbour pops out and asks if I was going out as he wanted to pick up his modern from the garage, so hey ho we went to town, 1 mile and dropped him off, then a quick 1 mile along the seafront and through town, waves, and thumbs up all round. As it was school chucking out time I thought that I would call by and pick my 14 year old daughter up. Well I never expected the reaction. "How could you embaress me in front of all my friends?" Apparently dads' don't understand teens. Bugger, I am 71, if I don't understand them now I never will.
Anyway back home and a cup of tea and all calmed down, Vera put away for the night. That was my day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Biddlecombe - 07-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM