The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Wonderfull reading.. doing an average of 30 mph in a seven must mean you are keeping momentum (in German: " Das Auto im Schwung halten') aka keep kit rolling; apply brakes as little as possible etcetera?? Methinks I'm not going to use any motorways in here in the Netherlands as lorry drivers doing a steady 80 kph would be on my tail all the time, which will bring stress to dangerous levels not mentioning cruising at. 80 kph also seems rather demanding for the Rosengart's little engine. We've just decided not to fit the HC head as upon comparing the cubic capacities with the standard head it turned out it would mean a 33%. increase in compression and thus considerable more load to the bottom end of an engine that may have been rebuilt by a previous owner but to a standard we can not establish.. (whooooopssss ........there go the conrods...)
We've already understood that driving this car demands concentration and that may be a bit tiring but when taking backroads we. hope to encounter plenty of little village bars where to stop and give suit. to the call of nature.... In the past one of the adages of long distance drivers was "Drive two hours then have a 15 minute break".....I'm not quite sure but if memory serves me right, way. back in the late sixties / early seventies when going on vacation from Amsterdam to Ostend (Belgium) we had some four stops....

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Michael D - 06-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM