The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Took the Rosengart out for a llttle spin again yesterday with my friend mechanic (he almost declined as it was some 4 degrees centigrade and off course we would drive with the top down......) to demonstrate to him the sluggish accellaration in 3rd. The oil pressure gauge on the dash of my LR4N2 Indicates approx 2.5 / 3 psi when stationary (and I dare not revert my eyes towards that hard to read gauge when driving) so I'll stick with he old fashioned absence of an oil filter for now... The rev. counter is now fitted (A small OS from Techni Tacot with a 12 to 6 volt converter) but I scared back of going over an indicated 3000 rpm that sounded quite 'busier'... However getting to grips with the 'box and having les loss.of momentum when changing to 3rd learned that some slow acceleration actually did occur. The speedometer although connected to the gearbox doesn't work so I still have not got a real clue as to the speeds attained. Over coffee with some more petrol headed friends present I unpacked the Ricardo and Whatmough Hewitt heads and it seems my friend warmed up to the Ricardo head's design so I left both heads and a HC gasket with him to fit when he has the time as several pre war cars in his workshop were attending his urgent attention a.o. a Lagonda 3 litre, 2 Bugatti's and some Alvisses.... my little Rosengart does not take up too much space in comparison so those so he didn't mind me leaving it at his garage for a few more weeks. The small low pressure Facet type fuel pump arrived from the UK on Friday but although the label on the box said FPU6V it contained a 12 v pump....

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Michael D - 25-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM