The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Reckless Rat and Jim thanks also too.. a guesstimated 50 kp/h in 2nd is more or less 30 mp/h ain't it???
as mentioned the inline fuel pump I had was too bulky to fit together with a malpassi filter king due to lack of space under the bonnet so there's a low pressure facet type 6 volt pump on its way from Blighty...
I'll try the 'remove the spring' ghist and have a look at the throttle / butterfly opening properly as well... the car is still at my friend's workshop and he'll join me for a drive this Saturday to experience what I'm complaining about.... I want to get this cleared before fitting one of the HC heads.
Having said all this.. we had a bundle of laughs with the car in 2nd in 3rd; it steers and brakes a lot better than we had expected, the Missus was. surprised that. it was far less. bone-shaking than she had expected, had. no fear of falling out over the low cut passenger door (remembering my cornering frantics in the TR 2) so its not all gloom and doom

@Steve.... Replacing air fillters with a ram pipe gave my cars beter breathing in the past (and. indeed it asked for some mixture adjustment) but I consider running a rampipe without any mesh on rural roads through the agricultural shores like were the Missus and I live nowadays unwise.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Michael D - 22-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM