The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
After an engine rebuild due to me not tightening the blower drive into the crank properly and the loose crank gear threw the crank backwards jamming it against the rear main bearing housing, fortunately with no damage, we ran the supercharged single seater up and down the road outside my house, much to the amusement of my neighbours who are rather appreciative of seeing the old cars.

The initial alarming zero oil pressure turned out to be a faulty gauge, with the gauge replaced we towed it till I had pressure - off the end of the gauge, over 10lbs with a bored out pump rebuilt to close tolerances and the double oiler conversion. I expect it to settle around 6lbs when hot. The dead as a door-nail performance turned out to be 2 faulty spark plug lead ends, so new lead ends all round and vroom on all 4 pots. The blower really does scream as the revs climb.

We're preparing to run the historic reinactment of the 1934 Grand Prix in East London, South Africa. The late Major Doug van Riet ran a Works Rubber Duck in the '34 GP, sadly that car has left our shores, so the organizers cast about for a supercharged single seater to fill the gap... When they heard that we have two single seater 7's they requested both of them, so I'll post some pics after the event on the 23-25th of this month

Aye
Greig
Sunny South Africa

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Greig Smith - 04-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM