The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Don't forget to paint the scuttle ventilators!
Took the trailer from here in South Shropshire to Ilkley in West Yorkshire to collect the 1934 tourer from Simon Laxton.  Simon has done the full monty - hood, hood cover, side screens, door and panel cards, front and rear seats (thanks to Martin Prior for the new woodwork) and carpet.  The photos speak for themselves.  Not just superb craftsmanship but a reflection of the fact that Simon knows his Sevens and how to 'get them right'.  At my request a couple of concessions to modern comfort such as full carpet and fully trimmed in gorgeous leather.  Note the front seats finished (at my request) with original style pin beading across the top. The last photo shows the tourer at home paired up with my 1924 AB tourer, showing ten years of tourer progress.  Still a few bits to do on the AH but should be back on the road soon after some 60 years.

That looks like a proper job!
I bought it 10 years ago.  Quite a lot of mechanical work had been done and a new floorpan fitted, but bodywork was a bit dire.  As 90 % of my time since then has been creating a 10 acre garden from an overgrown wilderness it has only been worked on gradually.  I painted it myself in cellulose but it's not as good as I wanted.  With hindsight I should have given it over to a good paintshop.  I thought the end result was just about good enough for a top class trimming - and that is what I got.
Hi Robin

Superb job and lovely car.  FO (apart from being Anglo Saxon) is a Breconshire registration  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
Lovely trimming job and there’s nothing at all wrong with the paint...unless you plan on taking it to Palm Beach!
(08-05-2021, 10:20 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Robin

Superb job and lovely car.  FO (apart from being Anglo Saxon) is a Breconshire registration  Smile.

Cheers

Howard

I have a copy of the original registration record.  Three tourers purchased by Radnorshire County Council in March 1934.  I now have three Anglo Saxon registrations - FO, FK and FU.
Re-installed the repaired scuttle petrol tank. Fitted new seals to Ewarts petrol tap, (which should be fitted to RN not twist type that was fitted) and fitted it to tank. Made new petrol pipe and soldered fittings to complete. All fired up and no leaks. Result. Thanks to those that have helped, supplied and advised this week.
Sorry don't know why pics have all gone on their side!!!!

Having made it roadworthy, I took PL 3002 to see my grandchildren - whereupon the eldest lept into the back and appeared to be indicating - judging by his body language - how much he loves these cars.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Teenagers are more the size of persons of the 1920s and look more appropriate in the cars than we 13 stone plus moderns. I am always intrigued by the UK backgrounds We have a few stone walls but most ahve benn meddled with, patched with cement etc. The 3 storeys of masonary walls a distinct worry here.