The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Excellent Duncan! I’ll post a picture of my old Velo, once the box is finished, you’ll like that...

Than we’ll establish the Automobilist Handlebar club!
You are both great guys!
Though mustachiod too myself I can't compete!
Well no point me posting a photo of my moustache because I am as hairy as Capt. Jean-Luc Picard these days. Despite the lack of a pair of handlebars I did manage to get the RP out for a run round the block today, observing the current covid restrictions and keeping within a 10km radius of Rekkers Towers. Things were going fine until the old girl conked out at the start of the climb up and over the Col du Trelis to our valley. My fault. Forgot to use the lignum carburant level divining rod before setting off.

Thankfully, I always carry 5 litres in a can as a spare, just in case. The fuel has been in the can since time mint imperial and certainly before I went to Santiago in 2019. The car started first pull after priming the pump, so no problems re 98E5 going off.

Must remember to fill up on the way out next time...
Hi Reckless.
A full fully sealed container assists fuel life.
Funny that - The RN has a 5 litre reserve tap- BUT, Smell of petrol in the garage today. The fuel tap was allowing a good dribble through to the carb and the float needle not being a perfect shut off valve allowed a slow drip onto the floor for a day or two.  Took the Ewarts tap off of the bulkhead tank and (have to remove 3 of the 4 mounting bolts), made some new cork washers and back in business once again. Don't you just love these simple systems.
Bob
Looked at the ford, decided not to

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alan Fairless
Was that because you had just cleaned it?
No, it was because the ford was 3feet deep
Alan Fairless
The appearance of forumists is a subject usually avoided. However, sometimes we provoke comment. Filling up with petrol today I was approached with “Lovely old car, seems to be very well looked after. Have you had it from new?”
Unfortunately Steve that’s what happens when we get a fair few years under our belts. It doesn’t matter that we would have to be well over 100 and in our graves.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.