The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I thought you meant "Put a few extra £ in the tyres for the duration". Crikey I thought - Are things that bad in the UK already.
I've noticed that since I've put the lovely Longstones on they tend to flat spot quite easily, not the nicest sensation when you first drive it again after a long "rest".
Well done Tony.  Clap for the supermarket cashiers next.  One I know says there is no sign of the protective gear and screens promised by Tesco.
My Ulster special is nearly ready to go on the road after 10 years+. I have spent more time on it in the last week than in the last year.
As I cannot get a new steering wheel or the old one coated I rubbed down the arms and semi-polished the aluminium and lacquered it to get quite a nice finish, I have ordered a plain black cover for it.
I have also upholstered it using the kit from Tony Betts. Fitted a bonnet strat and rear cover strap using old belts as I cannot order the proper leather straps.
Fitted the cycle wings.
Tightened up lots of bolts I had left lose until ready to roll.
Wired in a USB charging socket with integrated voltage display so you can see how many volts your battery is at (heresy in some circles I am sure).
Lots of other minor bits and bobs.
    Popped the Rad and rad surround on the Ruby today, then realised its been so long since I dismantled it ,does the pressing that holds the above, sit on the inside or the outside of the body
shell 'horns' aside the engine ????
(01-04-2020, 09:11 PM)flywheel1935 Wrote: Popped the Rad and rad surround on the Ruby today, then realised its been so long since I dismantled it ,does the pressing that holds the above, sit on the inside or the outside of the body
shell 'horns' aside the engine ????

Before you bolt the cowl down suggest you get a jauntier angle on the Austin script badge — looks a bit too horizontal at present. I think it will look better and a lot easier to do now before everything else goes back on.
Apologies for being so pedantic!

Charles
My wife thinks that lockdown means that we should start spring cleaning, so I showed her how to use the jack, where the wire brush was and passed her the spray grease. She says as soon as I have finished the ironing, washing-up and hoovering, I can come and watch...
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish

There is a school of thought that suggests Sevens should be put away during the lockdown. Our local bakery were anxious to let people know that they still bake a couple of batches a week, for delivery round the town or collection by appointment. The Ruby was pressed into service so that collection could be demonstrated. This is merely one of my snaps. They will no doubt by now have on their socialmeeja their pictures of me putting bread into the improvised basket, probably looking like an escapee from Carry On Collecting. Two police persons waved to me extremely cheerfully. I was rather anxious that they would pull me over. "Excuse me sir, do you claim that those slices of chocolate brownie are essential? You must hand them over, so that we can take the dubious baked goods back to the station, and extensively test them in the canteen after lunch."
          Could still appreciate a definitive answer to my original question ref the rad support plate > inside or outside the engine bay bodywork ????

.jpg   20200404_164013.jpg (Size: 350.09 KB / Downloads: 191)