The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Insurance only matters when you need to claim. Until then it's just a cost but any cost savings made evapourate quickly when a claim gets painful.

To try and add insight to this thread does anyone have first hand experience of claiming in relation to an A7 accident, was it good and who was the insurer?

C
My Ruby is with Routen Chaplin but the 2CV with RH, I will bear this in mind when asked to renew. These two companies have previously had a very good reputation, maybe there is a change of policy or management at RH. To rely on wholly inexperienced and uninformed assessors is not a good idea. I hope someone has let them know about this thread and that they will respond, otherwise quite a few customers will be voting with their feet.
RH are now aware of this at the highest level and are working to resolve this issue.
Yes, Charles.

RH and it was completely problem free.

Also claimed for a modern, exactly the same impeccable service.
(19-02-2020, 09:35 AM)Steve kay Wrote: My Ruby is with Routen Chaplin but the 2CV with RH, I will bear this in mind when asked to renew. These two companies have previously had a very good reputation, maybe there is a change of policy or management at RH. To rely on wholly inexperienced and uninformed assessors is not a good idea. I hope someone has let them know about this thread and that they will respond, otherwise quite a few customers will be voting with their feet.

(19-02-2020, 09:38 AM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: RH are now aware of this at the highest level and are working to resolve this issue.

RH were bought by Hiscox in 2015. Now based in Swansea.
Equity Red Star were bought by a US private equity business in 2013. That led to the closure of the old Brentwood office. 

So probably not the same outfit that many of us knew 25 years ago. That's an observation, not necessarily a criticism.

Charles
My experience with insurance companies motor or otherwise is that their loyalty lies with the share holders. They will pay out if your claim fits all the criteria laid out in the policy however they pay the smallest amount they can. You need to be able to prove the cost of repair I.e. cost of replacing damaged parts together with labour. Sometimes difficult with sevens,
To show how insurance companies work I recently claimed on travel insurance for a nights stay in a hotel prior to the start of my holiday. They would initially pay for the holiday but not the hotel the night before although I sent the correct documentation. What they questioned was my documentation from the hotel stated that I did not show on the date I had booked, when what they wanted was that I had not checked in. To me it amounted to the same but said with different words. I argued my point and got my money. That was a policy with AXA.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(19-02-2020, 10:06 AM)Charles P Wrote:
(19-02-2020, 09:35 AM)Steve kay Wrote: My Ruby is with Routen Chaplin but the 2CV with RH, I will bear this in mind when asked to renew. These two companies have previously had a very good reputation, maybe there is a change of policy or management at RH. To rely on wholly inexperienced and uninformed assessors is not a good idea. I hope someone has let them know about this thread and that they will respond, otherwise quite a few customers will be voting with their feet.

(19-02-2020, 09:38 AM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: RH are now aware of this at the highest level and are working to resolve this issue.

RH were bought by Hiscox in 2015. Now based in Swansea.
Equity Red Star were bought by a US private equity business in 2013. That led to the closure of the old Brentwood office. 

So probably not the same outfit that many of us knew 25 years ago. That's an observation, not necessarily a criticism.

Charles

For clarity, my example above is well after the dates you mention Charles.
Equally, for clarification, I had a meeting with RH in Brentwood in October 2017 and had a more recent meeting with them in their head office in the City of London 2 weeks ago..
        I've finally managed to dismantle an RN saloon windscreen, some previous owner had used silicon sealer to seal the glass into the frame and whilst he didn't use enough to create a seal it effectively glued the the hinge section to the glass. My escapade with the BMW 3 years ago was dealt with efficiently by RH however, I can't say the same for ERS.
Some of yesterday was spent welding up screw holes in the dash, I do love my MIG

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers

Mark