The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compression testing
Hi Tony,

Re your comment about Bob Culver's absence from the forum - perhaps he's lost his password to log back in or it isn't being recognised for some reason - a number of forum members have experienced similar problems over recent years including myself on one occasion - Ruairidh very kindly sorted it out for me.

Cheers, Jeff.
Yes Bob’s comments, whether you agreed with them or not, were a regular part of the forum…we’ve also lost Hedd Jones, he was often the source of practical, no nonsense advice.
(21-04-2024, 11:20 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: Yes Bob’s comments, whether you agreed with them or not, were a regular part of the forum…we’ve also lost Hedd Jones, he was often the source of practical, no nonsense advice.

Hedd hasn’t gone voluntarily - he simply has been unable to get a password reminder or to re-register, and he’s not a Luddite around IT. 
He still reads the forum but can’t participate.
Hi Ivor,

Hedd can be frequently found giving advice on at least one of the Facebook Austin Seven groups of which I'm also a member.

Jeff.
Thanks Charles and Jeff, although I’m on Facebook, I ver6 rarely look at it because of all the junk that’s on it, but that may be my fault!
Bob and I didn’t see eye to eye but I sincerely hope he is ok. Hedd on the other hand I saw yesterday and can report he is alive and well.
Alan Fairless
Glad to hear it, thanks Alan.
(Yesterday, 01:56 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: Thanks Charles and Jeff, although I’m on Facebook, I ver6 rarely look at it because of all the junk that’s on  it, but that may be my fault!

That's exactly the reason that I've bailed out of Farcebook.
Cheers, Geoffrey