The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Close Ratio Gearbox
You could I suppose run the second gearbox back to front?
Alan Fairless
I think Ritchie’s intentions have been well meant but it’s never really a good idea to bolster such things artificially as they become a farce - having said that I was secretly cheering him on, simply to see the magic 100 mark appear. Maybe that will happen yet?

I imagine that ratings do not mean much to regulars as they will be familiar with those who are genuinely helpful by virtue of experience - newcomers might get some indication of posters’ worth from ratings but the true picture comes from the reasons given. Someone may have a high rating as a result of their sh*tst**ring capabilities, for example, which appeals to some and can be positively acted upon ratings wise. Others will have gained ratings through more helpful methods - reading the reasons given can help build a reasonable picture, in my experience.

The stars are related to the amount of interaction users have had on the Forum - to gain more you need to post more. The only exception are Admins who have the largest number of stars available, automatically. The number of posts made by the user can be seen to the top right of the box.

The warning level is a management tool that can be used to act on reports of unforum-like behaviour and let the poster know that what they are doing is not acceptable to the majority - it is temporary measure that can be implimented and then moved to perminancy if the message is not understood.

The Forum has no rules as such but general common-sense approaches to interaction are encouraged.
Oh dear, I must have upset someone as I have a 'warning level' indicator too albeit at 0% Sad
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
It’s okay Andy - everyone has it, take a look.
(22-10-2018, 07:25 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: It’s okay Andy - everyone has it, take a look.

Thanks Ruairidh
But for some reason mine appears against every one of my posts rather than just in the background info.
Yes Andy, but only YOU can see it on every one of your posts, no one else viewing the forum can. I too have a Warning Level: 0% on all of my posts, but only I can see it, you won't be able to see it on this post of mine, all you will see is my Reputation Level of 4.
Jeff is correct Andy - you have nothing to worry about.
What is this warning level and where is it? I hadn't noticed Reputation until it was mentioned in a post and then I had to search for it.
I find graphical interfaces very difficult even after 40 years in software development! Just too much information on the screen and icons don't work for me!
Jim, BSc (hons) Computer Science
Hello Jim,
Not sure if you're getting the same display as me but bottom of the red circled is what the others are talking about (users will only see their own, though as I'm admin it shows everyone's). The picture has come out quite small but if you click it'll enlarge.
As above 0% nothing to worry about.

Ah I understand now, far too complicated with webnetinter thingy.

thanks all
Andy