The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Close Ratio Gearbox
Sorry fellahs

There are 3 somewhat related threads running and more appropiately perhaps reply should have been posted on one of the others, but this one had already strayed. If posts were all strictly to the point and aimed only at the original enquirer the Forum would be very dry.
The farcical Reputaion thing has been addressed previously.
Bob, 
           how has the farcical reputation thing been addressed?
Maybe a minus sign?
Alan Fairless
(20-10-2018, 01:58 PM)ŶCharles P Wrote:
(20-10-2018, 01:47 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(20-10-2018, 12:30 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: Thanks Bob but can we avoid the thread drift please... I'm just looking for advice on the gear ratio selection for my Cabriolet...

chheers...

Someone likes Bob’s post, look at his reputation! 72

Yes, it's all the same person liking everything that Bob says. 

Nothing against Bob's wisdom but it does make the "reputation" score utterly meaningless 

Charles
Yes, that why I posted, I too have nothing against Bob, just wondering if the other forum member thinks it's the done thing to commend every post
(20-10-2018, 09:09 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(20-10-2018, 12:30 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: Thanks Bob but can we avoid the thread drift please... I'm just looking for advice on the gear ratio selection for my Cabriolet...

chheers...

Nothing against Bob's wisdom but it does make the "reputation" score utterly meaningless 

Charles
Yes, that why I posted, I too have nothing against Bob, just wondering if the other forum member thinks it's the done thing to commend every post

Sorry for the further thread drift.

I have never looked before but at a quick check the rating system seems to be little used on this Forum - a peculiarly American item like 'friending' and usually quite pointless if overused.

I have only ever driven a Seven with standard three speed gearbox, so close ratios don't come into it- when the noise becomes unbearable in second (around 30 mph) - quickly into top Big Grin  

Have a nice day    Smile Smile Smile
(21-10-2018, 01:51 AM)Tony Press Wrote:
(20-10-2018, 09:09 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:

chheers...

Charles

Sorry for the further thread drift.

I have never looked before but at a quick check the rating system to be little used on this Forum - a peculiarly American item like 'friending' and usually quite pointless if overused.

I have only ever driven a Seven with standard three speed gearbox, so close ratios don't come into it- when the noise becomes unbearable in second (around 30 mph) - quickly into top Big Grin  

Have a nice day    Smile Smile Smile
Hi Tony,
Your lucky mine has a warning level as well

Cheers Colin
NZ  Smile
Maybe Ritchie Wilson, will come out of the closet and explain to us please, I do know for fact he is a real person and not Bob's alter ego as some might be wondering. However Ritchie it is now appearing all rather odd to many here.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi Ian
Yes I am the Ritchie Wilson who you very kindly gave your phone number to when I asked (on here) about radiator repairs.
I don't know Bob Culver, but I sense that I have embarrassed him and I apologise for that - Sorry Bob. I will curb my enthusiasm.
I did think that giving Bob positive ratings was a friendly thing to do.
He's always interesting and brings an almost unique perspective to Seven matters. And I like that.
I did wrongly think that there was a relationship between the rating and the number of stars - apparently not.
How are the stars assigned?
I guess Hugh Barnes has long ago given up on this thread, but if he is still around: when I was at school there was talk of a Christchurch (NZ) Seven with tandem gearboxes giving potentially very low ratios and multiple reverse gears, but top was still only 1:1. So no help there sorry.
(20-10-2018, 08:46 PM)Alan Wrote: Maybe a minus sign?

There is a minus function in the reputation table - look at your history Alan (or mine, as of this thread!)

Maybe Bob can be reset, perhaps by the same over enthusiastic digits that created the embarrassment 

Charles
Yes Ritchie, I did rather sigh when I saw the thread this morning. Still, I live in hope and had a very good chat with a pal on the phone yesterday that gave me food for thought.

The tandem gearbox mod is well known over here as post-war, many ageing Austin 7's were cut down to create small tractors and often had two gearboxes fitted. But let's not turn this into a thread about tractors, please!!!!