The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Sunday and I'm bored...
here's my list, which I'm sure isn't exhaustive:

1. SU H1 carburettor
2. High Compression head with 14mm plugs &  later top water branch
3 Modern retro look klaxon to replace Rist horn
4. Additional earth cable to rear of head direct from battery
5. Bosch distributor
6. Dynamo end bush lubricating plug
7. wiring loom fixed with plated 'P' clips
8. Dust cover missing on dynamo for better cooling
9. Plastic cable ties (several)
10. Inlet manifold vacuum pipe blanked off
11. Four blade fan
12. After market coil (6v) with bayonet fixings
13. Split pin missing from fan spindle
14. Modern grease nipple on fan spindle
15. Carb to manifold adaptor plate
16. Home made wiring loom
17. After market oil filler cap (no chain)

I'm sure someone will have spotted something else...
Is there an In-Line fuse for the horn ?
Plastic cable joint close to coil.
Aux wire from Starter motor to ??
Plastic covered wiring.
Spade connectors
Earth wire on distributer.

I expect there may be more and that some of my points may be wrong. BUT something to do on a Sunday evening. thanks Bruce.
I was going to ask about the earth strap on the head stud but I thought it was going to the chassis not direct to the battery. What a great idea.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
There is also a braided earth strap from the timing case to earth but after fitting the direct cable to the head from the battery the starter spins like a good 'un. Belt and Braces. The red wire Bob from the starter switch is the main +ve supply to the wiring loom. The green wire from the dizzy is the Bosch original connection to the coil. It was camouflaged with black tape but oil contamination caused it to come off. Yes there is an in line fuse on the klaxon and a crush joint on the coil supply.

I plead guilty!

Well spotted.
OK, Accept the distributer wire, but the main supply wire - the wiring diagram for a '33 shows it from the battery terminal, although that may be wrong.
How about the hose clips. When did they replace the older pattern. - I can't begin to describe them - but seen them in "The original Austin 7 " book.
Just for a change, the weather here yesterday was considerably better than that at Chez Rekkers!

A Forum glitch, yesterday, prevented me from posting but here is what I was up to yesterday (plus a photo to keep ‘what’s not original’ competition going  Big Grin

Can't be Scotland - you must have photoshopped the good weather into those pictures! Fortunately I don't live in the Aude - villages just to the north of Carassonne have been hit with flash flooding - at least 6 dead.

RK looks good - I see it's got a later Lucas DW3 wiper motor, like my RP... Please don't ever restore this car. She's lovely just as she is.
This is restored - what are you suggesting?
Do you have a manual dizzy?. Or is the rod for show only?
It runs on an Accuspark unit Hedd and almost everything on the panel is for show... Big Grin