The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring a registration number to an A7
I now have a red face! Oops!  Blush

This afternoon, I spoke to an exceedingly helpful gentleman at the DVLA, who answered all of my questions and then went on to explain the background to the anomaly referred to in their recent letter. Seems that my chassis and engine number do not match what it says on the V5. Yep! I've owned the car for 33 years and genuinely never realised. He further mentioned that had I submitted the car for an MOT test at any time since the computerised system came into play, it would immediately have come to light. However, as the most recent MOT test for my car pre-dates the computerisation, that hadn't actually occurred.

Anyway, all is not lost, as I am now invited to submit all the information that I have about the car's history. All being well, the records can hopefully be put straight after all these years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transferring a registration number to an A7 - by Ian M - 25-03-2019, 05:59 PM