The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original Cozette Number 4 supercharger for sale
Going onto Ebay it seems it was £4250
You can buy a new replica Cozette built on the "Judson" principle for about £1,500. However you can buy a new replica Cozette built to the original design from Patrice Coutant in France and I recall the cost is in the 6-8,000 Euro range. £2,500 doesn't seem bad if it really is in usable condition. If not then it gets very expensive, very, very quickly.
Frankly I'd be surprised if all original blown cars had original blowers. They never imported many Cozette blowers, they were always expensive, and any air filtration or lubrication issues ruined them very quickly.

Charles
(10-09-2018, 11:01 AM)Charles P Wrote: You can buy a new replica Cozette built on the "Judson" principle for about £1,500. However you can buy a new replica Cozette built to the original design from Patrice Coutant in France and I recall the cost is in the 6-8,000 Euro range. £2,500 doesn't seem bad if it really is in usable condition. If not then it gets very expensive, very, very quickly.
Frankly I'd be surprised if all original blown cars had original blowers. They never imported many Cozette blowers, they were always expensive, and any air filtration or lubrication issues ruined them very quickly.

Charles

I'd agree with you Charles,I think having an original blower is a bit like having an original crank,best left on the shelf to view it.They are very mechanical and need quite a lot of oil to lubricate them,2% in the fuel and the oiler valve pouring more in on full throttle.look at the films of Brooklands ,I bet you could see which cars are blown!
The TT cars appear to have been red lined at 5,000 and using a step up gear in the drive they are probably "safe" to around 6 running 500 racing miles ?