The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nec classic car show
Been once rip off waste of time
Joe,
You have known me forever.

You know my position on clubs being to old fasioned. And in need of bringing up to date for more of today's owners.

What's in my museum could blow many other club stalls away at the nec, and with a display of cars that owners have actually used for a number of years as they have grown up with 7s. inc your own. Could show the humble 7 in a truly modern light.

We're as Exciting clubs don't even take the time to know what's out there.

Perhaps it's time to start a new club, let's face it most things are done across the web today. And I already have a long running site that can promote the not only the nec, but austin 7s very well.

You are welcome to talk to me about the future of austin 7s. Or not if you wish.

But do remember this offer is NOT NOT NOT one to gain free tickets to the nec. It is an offer to bring our 80 to near 100 year old cars to what today's owners are looking for.

Tony?
My view on this and most things that you can do without if you consider it to expensive. Do not go. If enough of us boycott it the price in future will come down.

JOHN Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
There are club discount prices off the at the door prices for Saturday and Sunday.
Save £5.50 on adult ticket quote CSCMS18 and £12 on family ticket quote CFCMS18
This works out at £24.50 adult(£30 on door) and £68 family (£80 on door)
Doesn’t work Friday when I am going
Also said give stub to club stand so they get commission. As info from Wolseley Register they may appreciate stubs ( dont forget there is a £1.95 credit card transaction fee!) so it only gives you a marginal saving unless buying several tickets in one transaction.
Ian
Tony, following up on your comments, what do you think Clubs should be doing to be more up to date? Genuinely interested...

cheers..

Hugh
When we visit the NEC, we tend to use the Birmingham international rail station car park as this is usually much cheaper. There is a walkway over to the nec, but it can be a reasonable trek.

Peter