The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Photos during Transfer from SD Card
Appreciate this has little to do specifically with Austin 7s but I did something foolish this morning. I was in the process of transferring some photos from an SD Card (which included some of Steve Hodgson's great event at East Preston last W/E) but noticed the Erase Box was ticked, panicked, (as I wanted to transfer the SD card's contents to another device) unticked the box and as I could see that the photos were on the computer, cancelled the import. Obviously, that was the wrong thing to do as I seem to have lost the photos. The Internet is awash with photo recovery programmes but I wondered if anyone could recommend any of them ?
Yes, and they do work, even the free ones. Bear with me while I try to remember what I used and I'll get back to you.
But I write in haste to say don't save anything else onto your drive as it may well over-write your lost files, then you have no hope...

Here we go -
1. Disk Digger - pretty good
2. EaseUS free recovery tool - better, but only 500mb for free

You may not get back all of your files but it's definitely worth a try. I saw Silvia Perez Cruz in concert on my birthday last year and being in the front row was able to capture whole songs on video, next morning it was all gone due to a corrupted card! But I got about 90% back in some shape or form.
Chris, thanks to your help and advice, I've downloaded EaseUS and been able to recover about 50% of the missing files which at least keeps a record of Steve's event. Seems to be a great piece of kit but hopefully won't have to use it again!
Try using it again. I can’t remember what software I used but it took several goes to find all the missing files. It’s worth a try.
Alan Fairless
See if the SD card manufacturer offer their own recover software.
(06-10-2018, 06:16 PM)Alan Wrote: Try using it again. I can’t remember what software I used but it took several goes to find all the missing files. It’s worth a try.

It is definitely worth trying different software as I found different files and also some were in better condition (in my case it was a corrupted card so that may not apply here).

(06-10-2018, 06:31 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: See if the SD card manufacturer offer their own recover software.

Yes, good point
(06-10-2018, 07:23 PM)Chris KC Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 06:16 PM)Alan Wrote: Try using it again. I can’t remember what software I used but it took several goes to find all the missing files. It’s worth a try.

It is definitely worth trying different software as I found different files and also some were in better condition (in my case it was a corrupted card so that may not apply here).

(06-10-2018, 06:31 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: See if the SD card manufacturer offer their own recover software.

Yes, good point
If you haven't put anything else on the SD card and you haven't changed the main source files - you may well find they are there and can be recovered. I have paintShop Pro which has "PhotoRecovery" on the same CD - if you get stuck, I can see how big the prog' is a post it in my public DropBox (I've had 100% over the years - cos I'm impatient and a plonker)
It is my understanding that nothing is ever actually deleted from such things, it just becomes available to be overwritten with new files.

With that in mind, so long as you have not taken further pictures with the same card, then everything ‘should’ still be there James.