The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonnet weatherstrip
I ordered bonnet weatherstrip for my Ulster RepĀ from one of the cherished suppliers. I came and the profile matched the profile in Fig. 29 of Chris Gould's book. Unfortunately, it is vinyl, not rubber. So ordered another weatherstrip from another cherished supplier. This is rubber, but the profile is much larger than in Fig. 29 of the Chris Gould book. Can anyone point me to a correct rubber one? The Gould book says it is available from the "usual stockists".

Erich in Seattle
Erich I think that view in Chris Gould's book is a sketch rather than a scale drawing.
Mine is similar shape & 1" wide and looks about right, though I can't vouch for original dims.
Nowadays it may be a question of what you can get - in fairness to Chris his book was first published over 35 years ago!
What is the issue with it being vinyl please?
Ruairidh, the vinyl I have is shiny, rather than the dull of natural rubber. It is also rather firmer than rubber so doesn't conform as well.

Erich in Seattle
Give it a rub with some steel wool.
I was thinking the same, perhaps grit blast it?

Stretch it over the non-conformities!
(05-10-2018, 06:07 PM)RecklessĀ Rat Wrote: Give it a rub with some steel wool.
I find Scotch Brite pads work well and don't leave little steel splinters in things. More reusable than steel wool too.

Simon